Monday 4 August 2014

Collocations - DO vs. MAKE (example sentences)


Here are some collocations with do/make used in full sentences.


1. Don’t make excuses! You didn’t do your homework and that’s that!

2. Could you do me a favour and lend me your notebook?

3. I want to make notes while the teacher is explaining.

4. I’ve lost my wallet. What am I going to do?

5. My parents expect me to do things in the house such as making my bed, helping my brothers do the washing up and so on.

6. My father does the ironing and he also makes the best spaghetti sauce in the universe!

7. I didn’t realise they were making fun of me. I suppose I made a fool of myself.

8. If you want to do well in the exam, you’ll just have to make more of an effort.

9. I know I always make a lot of mistakes, but I really am doing my best.

10. Make sure you come to class tomorrow. We’re going to do a test.

11. Take a day off and do nothing for a change. It won’t do you any harm. In fact it will probably do you the world of good.

12. I didn’t want to make a fuss, but I really felt I had to make a formal complaint. They hadn’t done the job properly at all.

13. Doing business with you has been a great pleasure. I’m sure both our companies will make a lot of money out of it.

14. I am afraid that the company has made a massive loss this financial year.

15. Stop making so much noise! I’ve got to make a very important phone call.

1 comment:

  1. English is the first language in the world. Most of the people are like to talk in English in the world. As a result this is the international language.

    ReplyDelete