Thursday 7 August 2014

Use of English - Rephrasing #004 (CAE)

There is no upper and lower limit in the number of words here. Answers are in white below its respective sentences. Highlight them to be able to read them.

25. She said she would lend me her notes.
promised
She                                me her notes.
She promised to lend me her notes.

26. Although she studied very hard, she didn’t do very well in the exam.
despite
She didn’t do very well in the exam                            very hard.
She didn’t do very well in the exam despite studying very hard.

27. My father often played the piano while we sang.
used
My father                                     while we sang.
My father used to play the piano while we sang.

28. If I don’t feel better tomorrow, I’ll go to the doctor.
unless
I’ll go to the doctor tomorrow                     better.
I’ll go to the doctor tomorrow unless I feel better.

29. You mustn’t talk during the test.
supposed
You                                        during the test.
You are not supposed to talk during the test.

30. I couldn’t tolerate her bad behaviour any longer.
put
I couldn’t                    her bad behaviour any longer.
I couldn’t put up with her bad behaviour any longer.

31. I have a degree and also extensive sales experience.
addition
I have extensive sales experience                      a degree.
I have extensive sales experience in addition to a degree.

32. She lost her job because her work was careless.
carefully
If she                                             , she would not have lost her job.
If she had carefully done her work, she would not have lost her job.

No comments:

Post a Comment