Thursday 17 July 2014

CAE & CPE useful language for the speaking exam. Part 1 – personal topics

Likes:

I really / truly enjoy ... because … (always give an explanation about your likes / dislikes)
I’m into ... / I’m keen on … / I’m fond of … (CAUTION with their respective prepositions)
My favourite food / programme / whatever is … because …

Polite way to explain a dislike:

I’m afraid I don’t really like … because …

Talking about plans

My plans for the future regarding this issue are… / In the future, I’d really like to…

Putting emphasis in your opinion in comparison with others

I think my friends / my parents / my siblings might say … but in my opinion …

Getting time in a nice way

I don’t know what to say – it’s a difficult question, but probably I’d say that …

Making a choice ad hoc

I don’t think I really have a preference, although if I had to choose …

1 comment:

  1. I see there are lot of students are week in English and they are also very afraid of this subject. So think this kind of post should be help them to encourage to read English and helps them to well in the exam.

    ReplyDelete