Monday 28 July 2014

Use of English – Rephrasing #001 (CAE)

Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between three and six words, including the word given. Answers in blank ink, highlight with your mouse to see them.

1. ‘Where do you think he is?’ she said. WONDERED
She …………………

2. It wasn’t until I finished going out with him that I realized I missed him. BROKE
I realized ……………….that I missed him.

3. I hadn’t seen such a wonderful painting before. NEVER
……………………………. such a wonderful painting.

4. I lost my keys so I was late. IF
I ……………… I hadn’t lost my keys.

5. She was beginning to change her mind about taking the job. SECOND
She was …………….. the job.

6. The problem is not my fault. BLAME
I……………… the problem.

7. The police thought he had been living in Canada. HAVE
He……………. in Canada.

8. His wallet isn’t here so I’m sure it was stolen. MUST
His wallet ……………………….

ANSWERS:
1. She wondered where he was.
2. I realized after I had broken up with him that I missed him.
3. I had never seen such a wonderful painting.
4. I would have arrived on time if I hadn’t lost my keys.
5. She was having second thoughts about the job.
6. I am not to blame for the problem.
7. He was thought to have been living in Canada.
8.His wallet must have been stolen.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its also a good form of rephrasing the contents further this can bring about the good consequences that you really need to think and understand about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping to watch out more of the contest right here through students and other visitors will find for themselves the opportunity to better use for their english rephrasing. rewording tool

    ReplyDelete
  5. When your teachers or professors assign you to write a Research paper do you dread the thought of it? By learning and mastering 4 key to writing successful research papers, you will be able to write thoroughly researched, well written and successful research papers in a short period of time. reword tool

    ReplyDelete