Thursday 24 July 2014

FCE, CAE & CPE useful language for the writing exam – Letter

Beginning an informal letter

Thanks so much for your email.
Sorry not to have contacted you earlier.
Thought it was time I dropped you a line.
What’s up?
Sorry about my delay in answering your letter.
Great to hear from you.

Referring to a previous letter

You said in your letter that you want to …
Last time you wrote, you mentioned …
I remember that you spoke about …

Ending an informal letter

I think that’s all for now. Do write soon!
Once again, thanks for contacting me.
Give my love to …
Let me know if…
Speak to you soon.
All the best.

Ending a formal letter

Yours sincerely. (if beginning with the person’s name)
Yours faithfully. (if beginning with ‘Dear Sir/Madam’)

1 comment:

  1. This is good suggestion to learn about exam writings and i think most of the students are like it so much. for more better exam educators can learn this languages so much.

    ReplyDelete