Friday 18 July 2014

CAE & CPE useful language for the speaking exam. Part 2 – compare two pictures

Comparing the pictures

Whereas the people in the first picture are … , those in the second picture are …
The first picture shows a workplace. Conversely, the second …
The people in the second picture are … more than those of the third picture, who …
Both pictures show people who are …
To find similarities and differences, I’d say that …

Expressing opinions

It seems to me that …
What I think is…
I think it’s quite clear that …
I feel quite strongly that …
It appears to me that …

Speculating

What I would probably say about the people is that …
The people seem to me to be …
Perhaps they are feeling … because …
It’s possible that they are … since …
I’m really not sure / I’m not completely sure, but I think that …
They appear / seem to be …

Organizing your talk

To add to what I said about …
On top of that, I’d say …

Against that is the fact that …

1 comment:

  1. We really want this type of blog for studies of the English language. This is really very good for writings, use of English, readings, grammar, listening, idioms, collocations, fixed expressions and more.

    ReplyDelete