Wednesday 23 July 2014

FCE, CAE & CPE useful language for the writing exam – Review

Making recommendations

I would recommend …
The … has to be included …
I can’t see how … can be ignored.
This is an iconic film/book …
It’s well ahead of its time …
It’s been very influential …

Using interesting and dramatic language

It’s totally spectacular and amazing…
It still has the power to thrill …
It sends a shiver down my spine …
The music is instantly recognizable …
What follows is an action-packed roller coaster, crammed with special effects and enthralling plot twists.

Talking directly to the reader

We’re all supposed to hate reality shows but do we really?
I’m fairly sure that you will all agree with me when I say …
Why not think about it? You’ll find that ...
Have you ever seen anything like this?
So is this really true?
So what do I really think about the whole thing?
Who doesn’t know the plot?

Concluding a review

For all the reasons given, I recommend …
It must be clear that this is the … to win the competition.
How could the … be considered complete without this …?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much to write about these important writing style and i know this post help the educators to know more system to do well in the examination. So i hope most of the people are like this post in here.

    ReplyDelete