Sunday 20 July 2014

CAE & CPE useful language for the speaking exam. Part 4 – discuss abstract questions

Using ‘fillers’ to have time to think, then responding

Let me think about that …
That’s a good / an interesting question! Just a second. Well, what I think is …
I’ve never really thought about it before, but what I would say is …
What I think about that is …
It seems / appears to me that …
This question is really interesting because …
I’ve actually thought about this before, and I feel that …

Developing an answer

So if I really think about it, I could also say that …
It also occurs to me that …
What I said doesn’t mean that …
To add to what I’ve already said …
It’s true that …, but I think that …
To go into it a bit further, I’d say that …

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is really good to know about the exam and language that is very helpful. Thanks for such kind of information sharing.

    ReplyDelete